Travel and Hospitality Coordinator/Receptionist
KieranTimberlake is seeking a full-time Travel and Hospitality Coordinator to join our office. Comprised of over 120 professionals with diverse backgrounds and abilities, our design practice is recognized worldwide. Our work includes the programming, planning, and design of structures as well as the transformation of existing buildings.
The Coordinator/Receptionist will be responsible for managing a high volume of travel bookings and hospitality services for firm leadership and employees. Based at the front desk, this position also supports the firm's primary Receptionist and works in coordination with the Finance Group. The Coordinator will be expected to:
- Book train and airline travel, car rentals, and hotel reservations for Partners, Associates, and staff that meet project contract requirements and budget
- Act as the primary contact for travel and accommodation vendors
- Manage and update personal information and travel preferences for Partners, Associates, and staff
- Process and track travel-related payments and authorization forms
- Track, code, and submit receipts and invoices to the Finance Group
- Track reservation changes, open tickets, and refunds
- Resourcefully resolve unexpected travel-related emergencies such as cancelled flights or weather events
- Manage the firm's travel rewards and incentive program accounts
- Order and coordinate catering for office, project, and client meetings
- Act as the primary contact for catering vendors
- Set up and break down catering and seating for office, project, and client meetings
- Ensure a professional, pleasant, and tidy presentation for meetings
- Reserve parking and conference rooms as necessary for office, project, and client meetings
- Book local, out-of-office reservations for Partner, client, and consultant meetings
- Research and source new catering services and guest accommodation options
- Assist with organizing and hosting large office parties and gatherings, including those that may fall outside of normal business hours
- Maintain and organize the firm's kitchen inventory, including placing orders for supplies
- Track, code, and submit catering receipts to the Finance Group
- Resourcefully resolve any unexpected catering issues such as food shortages or mistaken orders
- Assist visitors with transportation such as taxis and Uber rides
- Assign GoToMeetings and bridge lines for remote meetings
- Support the primary Receptionist in greeting and assisting visitors with the sign-in protocol, monitoring the security entry system, answering and transferring phone calls, receiving mail, and signing for packages
- Perform other administrative duties as assigned or needed
The Travel and Hospitality Coordinator and Receptionist should be dependable, discrete, diplomatic, and detail-oriented. S/he should also have diligent and effective follow-through and should always strive to improve firm practices. The ideal candidate will be comfortable working independently and managing his or her own time and responsibilities, and will also be able to multi-task under pressure and adapt to changing priorities. The ability to adjust working style to individuals for successful outcomes is a must, as is a proactive attitude and a creative and resourceful approach to problem solving. The position requires excellent written and verbal communication skills along with a professional, polished, and friendly demeanor. Preference will be given to experienced candidates seeking long-term employment. Other qualifications include, but are not limited to:
- At least 2 years of experience in a similar role
- Proven proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and GoToMeeting software
- Experience with Microsoft Access or other database software is preferred, but not required
- Excellent organization skills
- Ability to work well within a team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Polite phone etiquette and superb interpersonal skills
Interested applicants should send an email attachment containing a current resume including references, as well as a cover letter indicating interest in the position and relevant qualifications.
All materials should be formatted as a single PDF, addressed to Nora Salzman, Personnel Coordinator, and emailed to emailed to email@example.com with “Travel and Hospitality Coordinator/Receptionist” in the subject line. The total size of the attached file cannot exceed 2 MB.
This position will begin with a training period starting December 11 or 18, 2018, and will commence full-time the week of January 2, 2018. Preference will be given to candidates seeking long-term employment.
This position reports to the Associates of the firm. Salary is commensurate with education level, professional experience, and relevant qualifications. KieranTimberlake offers a competitive benefits package. Due to the volume of interested applicants, we are unable to respond to telephone inquiries.
Date posted: 10/23/2017
KieranTimberlake is an equal opportunity employer.