KieranTimberlake is seeking a Communications Coordinator join our office. Composed of over 120 professionals with diverse backgrounds and abilities, our design practice is recognized worldwide and includes the programming, planning, and design of master plans and new buildings as well as the conservation and renovation of existing buildings.
Joining a Communications Group responsible for business development, graphic design, writing, visualization, publicity, and knowledge management, the Communications Coordinator will work with the Communications Director and other firm leaders to promote the firm and its projects internationally. Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting with proposals and interviews for new business
- Conducting research for potential projects and competitions
- Creating narrative content for business development and publicity
- Creating and maintaining Access databases
- Assisting with communications and business development logistics
- Creating both written and visual content, including videos, for speaking engagements
- Maintaining websites for the firm's affiliated products
- Maintaining communications equipment
- Researching and writing about urban, historical, and environmental themes for proposals and grants
- Researching project precedents and benchmarks
- Processing data and visualization
Qualified candidates will have the desire and ability to collaborate with architecture, communications, and research professionals to produce high quality content that promotes the firm and fits within its culture. The ideal candidate will have an open and inquisitive approach to working with diverse content and unfamiliar subjects, and will also have a flexible and highly organized approach to processes that contributes to the smooth and efficient day-to-day functioning of the Communications Group. Preference will be given to candidates who have at least 2 years of related work experience and an interest in or academic experience with architecture, the built environment, sustainability, design, or urban studies. Other qualifications include, but are not limited to:
- Prior experience working in a similar or related role
- Willingness to work both independently and as part of a larger team
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Excellent writing skills and extreme attention to verbal and visual detail
- Gracious, diplomatic approach to delivering and receiving feedback
- Eagerness to learn new software as needed
- Microsoft Office Suite literacy, including PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Access, and OneNote
- Adobe Suite literacy, including Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, After Effects, and Premiere
- Web editing fundamentals, including HTML, CSS, and Bootstrap
- Geographic Information Systems, including ArcGIS and CartoDB
Interested applicants must send the following via email attachment:
- A cover letter indicating your interest in the position and detailing your relevant qualifications
- A current resume including three references
- A portfolio of work samples that may include web articles, blog posts, marketing copy, press releases, one-page essays, research papers, or graphic design work
All materials should be formatted as a single PDF, addressed to Carin Whitney, Communications Director, and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Communications Coordinator” in the subject line. The total size of the attached file cannot exceed 5 MB. Please also include where you saw our job posting in your email.
This position reports to the Communications Director and the Partners of the firm. Salary is commensurate with education level, professional experience, and demonstrated knowledge, but a full benefits package including medical, prescription, dental, vision, and life will be offered. Due to the volume of interested applicants, we are not able to respond to telephone inquiries.
Date posted: 07/31/2017
KieranTimberlake is an equal-opportunity employer.