KieranTimberlake is seeking a Communications Manager join our office. Comprised of 120 professionals with diverse backgrounds and abilities, our design practice is recognized worldwide and includes the programming, planning, and design of master plans and new buildings as well as the conservation and renovation of existing buildings.
Joining a communications team responsible for business development, graphic design, writing, visualization, publicity, and knowledge management, the Communications Manager will work on project-based and promotional activities. He or she will also work with the Communications Director and other firm leaders to promote the firm internationally. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinating speaking engagements (40+ per year)
- Answering media requests and academic inquiries
- Managing written and visual content for business proposals and publicity campaigns
- Ensuring the quality of marketing and communications materials
- Fostering engagement with architecture and research project teams
- Facilitating the writing and graphic design efforts of project teams
- Collaborating with staff to develop content for the website and other publications
- Overseeing social media accounts
- Coordinating internal events and meetings
Qualified candidates will have the desire and ability to collaborate with architects, communications, and research professionals to produce high quality content that promotes the firm and fits with the organizational culture. The ideal candidate will have an open and inquisitive approach to working with diverse content and unfamiliar subjects, and will have a flexible and highly organized approach to processes that contribute to the smooth, efficient functioning of the communications group from day to day. Candidates should have at least 5 years of related work experience and academic experience with architecture, design, or urban studies. Other qualifications include:
- Prior experience working in a similar or related role
- Willingness to work both independently and as part of a larger team
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Strategic approach to developing communications content
- Excellent writing skills and extreme attention to verbal and visual detail
- Gracious, diplomatic approach to delivering and receiving feedback
- Experience with professional social media management
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite
- Eagerness to learn new software as needed
Interested applicants should send the following via email attachment (5 MB max):
- A cover letter indicating your interest in the position
- A current resume including three references
- A portfolio of work samples (i.e. web article or blog post, marketing copy, press release, one-page essay, research paper, or graphic design samples)
All materials should be formatted as a single PDF, addressed to Carin Whitney, Communications Director, and emailed to email@example.com with “Communications Manager” in the subject field. Please also include where you saw our job posting.
This position reports to the Communications Director and the partners of the firm. Salary is commensurate with education level, professional experience, and demonstrated knowledge, but a full benefits package including medical, prescription, dental, vision, and life will be offered. Due to the volume of interested applicants, we are not able to respond to telephone inquiries.
Date posted: 3/3/17
KieranTimberlake is an equal-opportunity employer.