KieranTimberlake is seeking a full-time, in-house copywriter to join our office. Comprised of 120 professionals with diverse backgrounds and abilities, our design practice is recognized worldwide and includes the programming, planning, and design of master plans and new buildings as well as the conservation and renovation of existing buildings.
Joining a team of writers, graphic designers, and content strategists, the Copywriter will collaborate with architects, researchers, and communications professionals on a variety of projects. As an integrated member of the firm's architectural project teams, he or she will also foster a culture of writing among architects while encouraging proactive writing habits. Additionally, the Copywriter is responsible for editing the high volume of reports, business proposals, articles, books, and peer-reviewed research papers that the firm produces, as well as working with architects and researchers to co-write project descriptions, research reports, website content, and more. Other responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Creating and teaching style guidelines and firm standards
- Promoting good writing habits and best practices
- Providing members of the firm with constructive feedback on their writing
- Leading writing- or communications-related presentations and workshops
- Co-writing project narratives with architectural team members
- Writing project descriptions for award submissions and publications
- Writing and editing project reports, research papers, business proposals, or cover letters
- Leading content strategy and development for the firm's website and e-newsletters
- Maintaining social media channels
Qualified candidates will have the desire and ability to collaborate with communications and business development professionals, graphic designers, architects, and researchers to produce high quality content that promotes the firm, fits with the organizational culture, and contributes to design discourse. The ideal candidate will have an open and inquisitive approach to working with diverse content and unfamiliar subjects, in addition to the ability to translate highly complex ideas into readable prose that is readily understood by non-experts. He or she should also be strategic in creating content that appeals to different audiences including clients, consultants, collaborators, peers, and students. Candidates should have a degree in writing, journalism, communications, or a related field in addition to three years prior work experience and an interest in architecture, design, urbanism, and the environment. Other qualifications include:
- Prior experience copywriting for marketing, public relations, or development
- Professional experience with digital communication
- Excellent writing skills and extreme attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines when working independently or collaborating as part of a team
- Authority with style guidelines and citation methods
- Eagerness to help others hone their writing skills
- Gracious, diplomatic approach to delivering and receiving feedback
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, specifically with review and markup tools
- Familiarity with graphic software such as Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience with professional social media management
Interested applicants should send the following via email attachment (5 MB max):
- A cover letter indicating your interest in the position
- A current resume including three references
- Three samples demonstrating different writing styles (i.e. web article or blog post, marketing copy, press release, one-page essay, research paper)
All materials should be formatted as a single PDF, addressed to Carin Whitney, Communications Director, and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Copywriter” in the subject field. Please also include where you saw our job posting.
This position reports to the Communications Director. Salary is commensurate with education level, professional experience, and demonstrated knowledge, but a full benefits package including medical, prescription, dental, vision, and life will be offered. Due to the volume of interested applicants, we are not able to respond to telephone inquiries.
Date posted: 3/1/17
KieranTimberlake is an equal-opportunity employer.